Two DeKalb County restaurants lost an evening of business last week when they were temporarily closed after failing a second consecutive routine health inspection.
However, both made a quick turn-around. They each passed a follow-up inspection and re-opened the following afternoon.
Gokul Sweets, 763 DeKalb Industrial Way, Decatur, initially scored a 58/U because employees were careless when handling food.
The inspector said employees were not cleaning their hands immediately before prepping food, and they were touching ready to eat foods with bare hands. One employee was drinking a soda from an open container while cooking at the wok station.
In addition, food was not protected from contamination. A bulk container of cooked peanuts had been placed outside behind the facility to cool.
The restaurant passed its follow-up inspection with a 91/A.
A Decatur pizzeria was also given permission to re-open after scoring an 83/B on a second inspection.
Rocco?s New York Pizza, 2064 N. Decatur Road, closed after scoring a 66/U during the initial routine inspection.
During the inspection an extra-large cheese pizza, and half of another pizza, were discarded because there was no documentation showing how long the pies had been left out away from temperature controls.
Also, 2 pounds of grilled chicken were thrown away because the food had no expiration date.
Upon re-inspection, points were deducted because the prep cooler wasn?t maintaining proper temperatures. Some of the food was discarded.
In other news, recently reviewed restaurant, I Love Pho, 4650 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross, scored an 89/B on its follow-up inspection.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
- Churchill?s Pub, 1401 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta. 85/B
- DaVinci?s Pizzeria, 1810 Spring Road, Smyrna. 90/A
- El Caribe, 665 Veterans Memorial Highway, Mableton. 91/A
- Figo Pasta, 2941 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta. 100/A
- Goldberg?s, 1062 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta. 95/A
- Bev?s Place, 1054 Main St., Stone Mountain. 90/A
- Caf? Express, 2877 Brandywine Road, Atlanta. 88/B
- Chou Lee?s, 6125 Covington Highway, Decatur. 74/C
- Coyote?s Mexican Grill, 2730 E. College Ave., Decatur. 87/B
- Locos Grill & Pub, 2480 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta. 74/C
- Coo Coo?s Nest, 1920 Freedom Parkway, Cumming. 90/A
- Dutch Monkey Doughnuts, 3075 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Cumming. 90/A
- J?s Southern Smoke, 101 Colony Park Drive, Cumming. 86/B
- Local Kitchen & Tap, 3590 Old Atlanta Parkway, Suwanee. 100/A
- Mangia Ristorante, 5354 McGinnis Ferry Road, Alpharetta. 100/A
- Across the Street, 668 Highland Ave., Atlanta. 98/A
- China Garden, 4720 Jonesboro Road, Union City. 71/C
- Miller?s Atlanta Ale House, 10750 Davis Drive, Alpharetta. 97/A
- Scoops, 12670 Crabapple Road, Milton. 100/A
- Venice Bistro, 3393 Peachtree Road, Atlanta. 100/A
- Armando?s, 3170 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth. 90/A
- China Star, 6330 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker. 87/B
- Don Pedro Mexican, 4030 Lawrenceville Highway, Lilburn. 95/A
- Peking Chinese Restaurant, 360 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Suwanee. 86/B
- Spot Bar & Grill, 4578 Britt Road, Tucker. 93/A
? by Laura Berrios?for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
??Previous reports |?Search inspections by county